Cobra

We all “know” COBRA but with so many recent updates and changes, this might be a good time for a review.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) provides reductions for health benefits under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985 commonly called COBRA. Eligible individuals pay only 35 percent of their COBRA premiums; the remaining 65% is reimbursed to the coverage provider through a tax credit. The premium reduction applies to periods of health coverage that began on or after May 31, 2010 and lasts for up to 15 months.

All links and forms are listed below for additional assistance:

FAQs About COBRA Continuation Health Coverage

FMLA and COBRA - The Basics

IRS Q&A

Revised Form 941

Instructions for Revised Form 941

Other COBRA Resources:

General notice - click here

Election notice – click here

General notice (Spanish) – ModelGeneralNoticeSpanish

Election notice (Spanish) – click here

Early Termination of COBRA Coverage – click here

Unavailability of COBRA Coverage – COBRA_Notice_of_Unavailability_of_Coverage